Data Analysis, SQL programming, SSRS, Cognos, SQL, Data Modeling, Data Warehouse areas.
Position Name : Data Analyst
Location : Albuquerque, NM 87112
Desired Start : ASAP
Desired End : 6/30/2014 with possibility of an extension
1) Bachelor Degree and 3 years experience with data analysis and manipulation OR 5 years experience with data analysis and manipulation.
2) 4 years experience in SQL or other BASIC programming language.
3) 5 years of data analysis and information reporting experience, including 2 years obtaining an understanding of information repository issues and concepts.
4) Experience in development implementations, data modeling, or data mapping efforts.
5) Experience creating clear and concise project documentation.
6) Knowledge of relational database concepts, and the creation of queries and reports using SQL or reporting tools (i.e., Cognos).
7) Understanding of data elements as they relate to data quality requirements.
8) Strong analytical, conceptual and root cause analysis skills.
9) Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously both independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
Preferred Skills Required:
• Responsible for gathering and assessing business information needs and preparing system requirements to support Blue Insight. Performs analyses, development and evaluation of data mining in a data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation. Uses data mining and data analysis tools. Reviews and validates data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy. Generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts. Integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements.
• A data analyst is a highly trained individual that specializes in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data from various resources
• Primary tasks of this position are compilation and analysis of data definitions, meaning, usage, labelling standards and other source system information to produce IT consumable information
• Data analyst often takes on other additional roles. For one thing, he or she is expected to possess a certain degree of technical expertise with automatic data collection and reporting systems, including a capacity for program troubleshooting and system security measures